See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Dating back to 1347, the pub was originally six cottages for the workmen who built the adjacent tower and ecclesiastical college. It is now split into four areas and, as its website shows, concentrates on food and accommodation. The walled garden is a delightful spot to while away the hours on a sunny day. There is a small car park at the front, but access is quite tight! Note that opening times may be reduced during the winter period