South Devon CAMRA have organised a beer festival annually in late summer but for one reason and another this hasn't taken place since 2012 until July 2018. Following the success of the last two festivals we will be holding one again in July 2020 at Teignmouth Rugby Club. With the proliferation of local beer festivals we also help staff several local festivals and offer advice to local festival organisers.
Below is a list of forthcoming beer festivals in and around our area are listed below. Do let us know if there are any festivals servicing real ale that we've not listed and we'll happily add details of them to the list.
CAMRA have now issued official instructions with regard to the virus
1) Physical gatherings at the national, regional and local level can no longer take place regardless of whether, or not, they have already been advertised in What's Brewing or our own magazine
2) Official CAMRA beer festivals will also not take place in the period up to the end of June with a rolling review after that date. That will include the future of The Great British Beer Festival in August and our own Sunshine Beer and Cider Festival in July.
3) All national competitions have been suspended including Pub of the Year, Cider Pub of the Year and Club of the Year.
The annual Tuckers Maltings Beer Festival at Teign Road, Newton Abbot has been postponed until September due to the COVID-19 outbreak..
PLEASE CHECK INDIVIDUAL EVENTS PRIOR TO ATTENDING
- Summer Moon Beer Festival
Friday 19 – Saturday 20 June 2020
Kingskerswell Summer Moon Beer Festival.
Friday 19th (5-11) and Saturday 20th June (11-11).
- Albert Inn Beer Festival Friday 26 – Sunday 28 June 2020 Albert Inn, Totnes
- Ipple Tipple
Saturday 18 July 2020
On Ipplepen Village Green
- Sunshine Beer and Cider Festival
Thursday 23 – Saturday 25 July 2020
Teignmouth Rugby Club
Our Local Brance Beer Festival
- Rails and Ales Festival Friday 28 – Monday 31 August 2020 Staverton Station