Dartmouth Inn63 East Street
Dating from 1674, the first recorded name of this pub was the 'Great Dane'. In the 17/18th centuries, every spring, men from the locality would come to this inn, with the hope of being hired for a seasons work on the local boats engaged in the Newfoundland fishing trade. The pub is on two levels, abounds with timber beams, timber panelling, columns, stone walls and large open fireplaces. On the higher level is the main L-shaped bar. To the right down two steps is the 'Tap Room', which has an open fireplace. There is also a pool table in another area, and a small walled garden at the rear.