Court Farm InnWilton Way
The Court Farm Inn was formerly a farmhouse, originally built in the 16th century, and the manorial farm for the Abbots of Horton and then Sherborne. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII it was sold and by 1541 was known as Court Farm. It was extended in 1721 by the Quaker, James Tuckett, according to the plaque above the entrance. It replaced the Tradesman’s Arms in South View, now a private house, which closed in October 1973. The beamed lounge with exposed stone walls has a long bar and stone floor and is mainly used by diners. To the right of the porched entrance is the bar, the main area of which is dominated by a pool table and, beyond is a small 'snug' with its own serving area. An upper room is available for private functions. This pub often appears in the GBG. There is bus stop adjacent to the carpark entrance - last bus to Totnes 16.50 and Newton Abbot 17.40.