Bishop Lacy Inn52-53 Fore Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A pub since 1807 it frequently features in the GBG. The current landlord has been in residence since 1994. Originally the Plymouth Inn, it changed its name to the Bishop Lacy in 1961. Edmund Lacey being Bishop of Exeter 1420-1455, is reputed to have been responsible for bringing the first fresh water supply to the town. This two bar pub has a magnificent fireplace complete with meat hooks for hanging hams in the public bar. The Saloon is more food orientated, but both benefit from the ebullient landlady who clearly enjoys life surrounded by witches in the public bar. House dog is Sambuca who welcomes other hounds and well behaved children. As well as lunchtime and evening meals, there are also take-aways available 8am to 2pm and 5pm to 10pm. Operates as the village Take-Away - menu on website