Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
31 Dec Take away food available Call (01803) 862316 Menus on Facebook 25 Mar Reopening 12 Apr See Facebookmore information...
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
South Devon's first community owned pub opened for business on the 28th March 2014, having been closed for over three years. It is a traditional village pub that dates back many centuries and is recorded as being the Church House Inn in 1830, subsequently the Bolton Arms, and finally changing its name to the Tally Ho in 1957. The interior is 'olde worlde' with black timber beams, columns and panelling, both natural and painted thick stone walls and three open fireplaces, one of which has a wood burning stove. Horse brasses, a bed pan, bugle and other sundry paraphernalia adorn the walls. At the rear of the premises is an enclosed beer garden, that leads to the pubs own car park. It has been in the GBG since it reopened in 2016 and was runner up in the Pub of the Year and is 2019 Rural Pub of the Year.